Thursday, February 26, 2009

Unibroue Maudite and Trois Pistoles

Thursday was a long day that found me working on many different things. But at the end of my day, as I was driving into the Lawrenceville section of town, I found time to stop into my favorite Lawrenceville bar, Remedy. My buddy, Tony, who owns the place, wasn't around, and there was no need to bother him with a call. So, I sat down and ordered a Unibroue Maudite on tap. A staple around those parts.

Unibroue Maudite:
Amber in color. Big malty, fruity nose with lots of spice. Malt pummels the palate with ripe fruit and spice, then coats the mouth with cognac-like flavors. The finish rides out for minutes, but begs you to come back for more. Dare I call it a session ale?! Maudite drinks dangerously clean and easy for an 8% ABV ale. This is a wonderful belgian amber-styled ale that delivers.

After finishing the Maudite, I decided to stay for one more. And, with the taste of Unibroue in my mouth, I went for another. Only this time, I ordered a bottle of Unibroue Trois Pistoles.

Unibroue Trois Pistoles:
Dark in appearance. Cocoa and dark fruit on the nose . . . mysterious. Hits the palate malty, with flavors of cocoa, plum and blackberry. Lengthy finish with nuances of raisins, dark fruit, and port. One of Unibroue's finest.

Check back tomorrow to see where my travels lead me. I don't even know where that might be, and what I might find.

No comments:

Post a Comment