Saturday, February 28, 2009

Moylans IPA and Thirsty Dog Leghumper Porter

Friday was typical. I left the house with a plan, just to watch it blow up in my face. Not that it was the worst Friday ever. There have been plenty worse. But Fridays in the beer business have a way of being busy. It's just the nature of the beast.

My last stop of the day was at my local watering hole (not as dumb as I look), the Rivertowne Inn. Rivertowne Inn is a great pub located in Verona, PA. An oasis for this side of town with great, affordable food, and great beer on tap.

I was in the mood for something hoppy, so I chose a Moylan's IPA!

Moylan's IPA: Light copper-colored appearance. Malty nose accentuated with plenty of herby hop spice! Hits the mouth with big malt flavor, balanced beautifully with resiny hop bitterness. Finish rides out, getting more bitter by the second, while continuing to hold onto the big malt flavor. And then . . . the bitterness keeps coming . . . Wow! An excellent American IPA!! This beer is 6.5% ABV, but drinks MUCH bigger-Full Flavored!

As delicious as that was, I decided to move on to something else . . . After all, I do have a blog to write. I went a different direction, and ordered a Thirsty Dog Leghumper Porter.

Thirsty Dog Leghumper Porter: Dark brown in color. Chocolate and coffee in the nose . . . all malt. Full bodied and filled with tons of chocolate, and roasted bitterness, yet surprisingly smooth and milky. Finishes nice and dry with chocolate and roasted bitterness. This is a very nice robust porter!

Check back on Monday. Each new week brings new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment